4.19.2009

"I'm riddled with anxiety"

Whew....The adrenaline from last night's game has finally left my body. Hockey is like the bestest sport ever! Except for the massive anxiety filled moments (and sometimes whole periods) before the Hawks score.

It was an awesome game. Except for the drunk college kids who fell on top of Pop's girlfriend. Who were then promptly removed by security. People, this was DURING the national anthem!!! I mean, come on.

Since Lord Stanley's Cup is like the biggest thing in my life right now (methinks I need a hobby, perhaps underwater basket weaving?) I figured I would share some lovely photos.

Actually, they're not all that lovely. I am a horrendous photographer, but still...

Why yes, that is Iron Mike doing the ceremonial puck drop. He got some of the loudest cheers of the night.

This is so hotttt...

I do have a picture of me wearing the jersey that Daisy "commandeered" from a child, but it is GODAWFUL so I won't subject ya'll to it. I think I'll leave the jersey story for another day.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!

6 comments:

Jurgen Nation said...

I like hockey well enough. It's definitely one of my favorite sports, but I'm not really a sports person so I never know what's going on in the season. I still root for the Red Wings, tho. How are they doing?

Dysfunction Junction: said...

You mean other than being the Devil incarnate? Ahem..awkward.

I believe they are ahead 2-0 in their series and they won the last game 4-0.

You're in good company...both Daisy & The Enabler are huge Red Wings fans...

Alice said...

you know, i keep reading this, and all i hear is the teacher's voice from the peanuts cartoons.

cannot.. care...about... hockey... :-)

rachaelgking said...

I love going to hockey games... being in Raleigh when the Hurricanes won the Cup a couple years ago was AWESOME!

rachaelgking said...

P.S., KICKASS url!

Dysfunction Junction: said...

Thanks!! I'm a wee bit obsessed. My mother called it rabid fanaticism. I prefer zealotry.

Oh, and I'm glad you're here :)