7.14.2009

D-Shizzle...

People! The Metro! OMG, I could just die, especially since it's back to the rickety old El for me.he

Soooo...D.C. Twas AWE-SOME. Here's the play-by-play (ish)

My flight was pain free and the trip from the airport to the hotel was super quick and easy. I get to the hotel and all looks pretty good. I ask about the room service cause I'm too tired to go out to eat. Despite the fact that on the website it says 24 hours I am informed it is not. Ok, no biggie, I'll just eat in the restaurant.

I get upstairs to the room and it's much smaller than I expected. It's smaller than expected because there's NO FUCKING TUB. Uh, exsqueeze me? Needless to say, I am a tub person and this pissed me off for the entire weekend.

Fast forward to Friday. I head out for my White House tour. Now, without giving anything away, I had reason to think that this would be a bit more than the standard everyman tour. It was not. I already knew what the Red Room looked like, thanks to the Brian Williams special. The tour itself was a letdown. I'll leave it at that.

Then it's on to the Holocaust Museum. I had been here shortly after it's opening and it was mind-blowing. It was less so this time. I don't know if it's "overexposure" due to family history or what. I think my next journey into the Holocaust will need to be there, in person, on the spot where it happened.

Next up: Friday night. Where a complete stranger thinks I'm dead inside & I'm a racist. Sounds like fun right?

3 comments:

Alice said...

dear racist, dead-inside friend,

the metro misses you, too.

love, the chick who agrees 90% with that dude's views on abortion.

Marie said...

Whenever I take friends/family to see the White House (and this is just from the outside) when they come to visit all of them without fail say:

"That's it? It's just a big old white house."

No, REALLY?

Point is, almost all of them are disappointed.

rachaelgking said...

You better put some of our pics up when you do Saturday...